Wild Fennel Herb
A wild perennial herb that has large branch-like fronds with aromatic leaves similar shape to dill. With its delicate anise flavour is a unique addition to cooking and is a great companion plant.
Wild fennel herb - Foeniculum vulgare
- Super easy to grow perennial herb that grows big and bushy. It has anise flavoured fronds and grows beautiful bright yellow blooms in summer.
- A wild herb that doesn’t mind where it is planted will grow on most soils and is very drought tolerant.
- Bees love the big yellow blooms produced in summer, whilst the strong anise aroma will deter unwanted insects such as aphids.
- It is magic in the kitchen. Goes nicely with cooked veggie dishes and fresh salads, it also makes a beautiful garnish to finish off your culinary creations.
- Known as ‘maratho’ in Greek, it is used in many traditional stews, soups and pastries, always accompanied by seasonal greens and veg.
- Grows up to 23 meters tall into a leafy shrub